Matt Allen, CEO of Rize Games and Five Star Business Consulting
As a business person, you know that brand recognition is key to your success. Without customers knowing who you are and what you do, it can be difficult to make sales and grow your business.
But what really is brand recognition? Brand recognition is the extent to which potential and existing customers are familiar with and can recognize your business, as well as the personality behind it. Brand recognition is important because it affects your sales. According to a study by Red C Marketing (via Social Media Today), 82% of searchers click on a brand they are familiar with when viewing search results.
Here are five key ways to improve your brand recognition.
1. Have a strong and consistent visual identity.
What stands out about your favorite brands? Is it their logo, a memorable ad campaign, a storefront or brand color? A brand’s visual identity is a powerful tool that tells a company’s story, builds customer affinity and appeals to buyers. A well-done brand visual identity increases brand recognition more than a poorly designed brand visual identity.
Here are several ways to grow your brand and create a strong, consistent visual identity.
• Define your brand. What are your core values? What makes you unique? Your visual identity should reflect these things.
• Keep it simple. A complex visual identity can be difficult for customers to understand and remember. Keep your logo and other design elements simple and easy to read and remember.
• Use high-quality images. Make sure to use only high-quality images in your marketing materials.
• Be consistent. Consistency builds recognition and trust with your audience. Use the same colors, fonts and overall design across all of your materials.
• Tell your story. Your visual identity should tell your company’s story in a visually appealing and memorable way. Use design elements such as color, typography and imagery to connect to your audience emotionally.
• Appeal to your buyers. Think about your target audience and what kind of visuals they would respond to positively. Use colors, shapes and images that will appeal to them.
• Evolve. As your business grows and changes, so should your visual identity. Keep things fresh by periodically updating your logo, website and other marketing materials.
2. Use social media to create a presence online.
A social media presence instills trust in your customers and can help you grow your credibility and reputation while showcasing your brand. In 2021, there were more than 4 billion people globally using social media, according to Statista. You can build your social media presence by creating content such as blog posts, videos and e-books. It is important to stay consistent and create content that adds value to your audience.
3. Make your website easy to navigate.
A website that is easy to navigate allows potential customers to find the content they are looking for much faster. Your website should therefore have a clear menu structure and quick load times to reduce bounce rates. Search engines reward easy-to-navigate websites with higher rankings because it provides value for their visitors. The more visitors see and visit your website, the more your brand recognition can improve.
4. Develop marketing materials that stand out.
A business has a wide variety of marketing materials, including billboards, brochures, business cards, emails, flyers and more. Your material should be eye-catching and quick to communicate your solution to your target market’s problem. You can help your marketing materials stand out by ensuring they’re high quality, feature creativity, are consistent with the rest of the brand, and are clean and easy to read, watch or listen to.
5. Be creative and engaging in all your communications.
Having engaging content can help grab your audience’s attention and increase brand recognition with your target audience. By creating engaging content, such as having a shoppable story on Instagram, it becomes easy for your audience to engage with your product page. This is also a good way of selling in a non-pushy, subtle way.
Brand recognition is key to a successful business. Try these five strategies to help you create a strong visual identity for your company and make sure your potential customers know who you are.