We’ve Had Recurring Attacks On Prisons Since The EndSars Protest – Aregbesola


The minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has said there had been recurring attacks on correctional facilities across the country since the EndSARS protests in October 2020.

Aregbesola said this on Tuesday, July 12, during a visit to the Kirikiri maximum and medium-security custodial centres in Apapa, Lagos.

READ ALSO: Kuje Prison Attack: Osinachi’s Husband, Peter Nwachukwu And Wadume Are Still In Custody – NCoS Reveals

This comes following last week’s attack on the medium-security prison in Kuje near Abuja, where 879 prisoners were freed.

kuje

Aregbesola “So far, no jailbreak by inmates has been successful, we have successfully quelled all of them. What we have reoccurring since the EndSARS protests of October 2020, has been a mass of people attacking our facilities from outside and setting the inmates free.

READ ALSO: Kuje Prison Attack: Sack All Your Service Chiefs – PDP to Buhari

ALSO READ:  Lifting 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty By 2025 Still Achievable

However, I have now directed the Controller General of the NCoS to double his efforts on intelligence gathering to fortify and prevent breaches to the Custodial Centres beyond the use of arms and force.”

Aregbesola

Trending video of the day;

Photo Credit: Getty





Source link

admin

Nigerian Celebrity News and entertainment

Follow Us

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest