Ini Edo is a Nigerian actress, Brand Ambassador. She began her film career in 2000 and has featured in more than 100 movies since her debut. Ini has played different roles in the Nollywood industry, portraying her beauty and talent in all the films. Here’s all you need to know about her; Biography, Age, Net worth, Husband, Daughter, Awards, and more.
Who is Ini Edo?
Ini Edo is an Ibibio from Akwa Ibom state located in the south-south part of Nigeria, not far from Calabar. She was appointed as the Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Culture And Tourism by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel in 2016.
Full name: Iniobong Edo Ekim
Stage name: Ini Edo
Date of birth: 23 April 1982
State of origin: Awka Ibom
Net worth: $7 million
Spouse: Philip Ehiagwina (m. 2008–2014)
Education: Cornelia Connely College in Uyo, Nigeria. She graduated from the University of Uyo where she got a Diploma in Theatre Arts. She also completed her bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calabar where she studied English. In 2014 she got a scholarship to study law at the National Open University of Nigeria.
Occupation: Actress, Brand ambassador.
Marital Status: Divorced
Some of her awards are;
- 2009: Best of Nollywood Awards as the best actress leading role(Yoruba)
- 2011: Zulu African Film Academy Awards as the best actress indigenous
- 2012: Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards of the honorarium appreciation award
- 2013: Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards as female viewer’s choice
- 2013: Cross River Movie Award as best act female
- 2013: Nafca award for best supporting actress
- 2015: Ghana Movie awards for being the best actress- African collaboration
- 2018: ZAFAA Global awards as the best actress
Ini Edo was discovered by a producer at the audition she attended. Her breakthrough came in 2004 when she acted in World Apart. She has appeared in over 100 films. She earned a “Best Lead Actress” nomination at the 11th Africa Movie Academy Awards for her performance in the movie “While you slept”.
Trending video of the day;
Photo Credit: Getty